2015年6月8日 星期一

Shelley thought she had hay fever. In fact CHEESE was causing her sneezing fits – 47歲美藉女子的嚴重花粉症原來是由芝士引起?

Shelley thought she had hay fever. In fact CHEESE was causing her sneezing fits 

  • Shelley Coleman, 47, from Plymouth, had severe hay fever symptoms
  • Her eyes would stream, nose would run and she'd get a tight throat
  • Six months ago she had a mildly irritable bowel so went to an allergy clinic
  • Practitioner suggested that she may be intolerant to dairy
  • She cut cheese, milk and butter from her diet - and results were immediate


With her eyes streaming, nose running and throat tight, Shelley Coleman reached for her usual antihistamine remedy.
'I'd had severe hay fever symptoms since my teens,' says Shelley, 47, who lives with her husband Martin, 57, a retired banker, in Plymouth. 'It was something I just accepted as a burden I could do nothing about.
'In my 20s, I would take as many as three or four tablets a day to try to keep the symptoms at bay. Back then, the pills made you really drowsy, so I would often walk around like a zombie.

'But without them, my eyes would water, I couldn't stop my nose running and I'd get a dreadful itch at the back of my throat, which I'd try to scratch with my tongue - which in turn made me sneeze. It was unbearable.'
Hay fever, an allergic reaction to pollen, tends to worsen in the summer, but Shelley, who runs a curtain and blind-making business, suffered all year round.
'I assumed I was allergic to pollen from a range of plants and grasses,' she says. 'The fact that the sunshine tended to make it worse only confirmed that in my mind.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3037515/Shelley-thought-hay-fever-fact-CHEESE-causing-sneezing-fits.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言